People are always talking about detoxing their bodies and making the latest green juice to help. But what the signs that your liver needs a detox?
The liver is the body’s primary filtration system and responsible for more the different functions in the body. The body has a lot of toxins like synthetic chemicals, sugar, excess hormones, and processed foods to name a few.
Working as a filter and neutralizer, the liver eliminates these toxins by creating bile which then eliminates and eventually, flushes the toxins out of the body.
Signs That You Need Liver Cleansing
How do you know it is time to do a liver detox? Your body actually manifests signs. Think of that time when you feel really lively and healthy.
If you are starting to feel the exact opposite and you are starting to feel weak and grumpy, chances are your body is sending you a sign that the liver needs some detoxifying.
When you experience the following, it is time to give some support to your liver and start with the cleaning:
- You always feel tired.
- You are craving sugar all the time.
- You are starting to have allergies.
- You know you eat healthy but you don’t feel like you are healthy.
- You are experiencing joint paint.
- Your skin is not clear.
- You are stressed and anxious.
How To Detox Your Liver Naturally?
Here are the top 5 natural ways to detox your liver naturally
Alcohol is very damaging to your liver. A huge percentage of alcohol that you drink is metabolized in the liver which means that it induces chemicals that can cause cancer.
Drinking in moderation has its share of benefits. But excessive drinking can result in various health problems.
When you drink excessively, you damage the function of your liver as drinking alcohol can result in fat buildup as well as inflammation.
The liver cannot function properly and do its task. If you can avoid drinking alcohol, it is the best way to have a healthier liver.
Drink plenty of water
Water goes beyond just quenching your thirst. A natural way to cleanse the body, drinking plenty of water has its own benefits. One of the main benefits of drinking water is that it enables the kidney to filter.
The kidney and liver are connected. As the kidney filters the waste, the liver can then metabolize its waste properly. Drinking at least 8 glasses of water in a day is essential for liver function.
Liver Cleansing with the Right Food
What you eat reflects your health. One of the best ways on how to detox your liver naturally is to have a healthy diet. Get rid of foods that interfere that are considered to be toxic for the body.
For example, avoid foods that are sugary and those that contain a lot of trans fats.
Focus on including the following foods for a more effective and natural detoxification:
- Vegetables: Including vegetables in your daily diet plan is definitely good for your overall health. By eating vegetables, they can remove inflammatory fats and supply the body with the much-needed nutrients in order for the organs like the liver to function properly. It is also strongly recommended to go for organic foods as they do not contain pesticides.
- Fruits: High in phytonutrients like lutein and beta-carotene, fruits have amazing antioxidant properties along with insoluble fiber which is essential for liver cleansing. When you eat citrus fruits like limes, oranges, lemons, and grapefruit, they can effectively increase the cleansing ability of the liver. They produce enzymes that eliminate these pollutants.
- Nuts and Seeds: Eating flax seeds, walnuts, almonds and sunflower seeds are great sources of fiber. They aid in the proper elimination of toxins in the body.
- Protein: Eating foods that are rich in protein like eggs, oat, Greek yogurt, and chicken breast among many others is also beneficial in the liver cleansing process.
Have a regular exercise Routine
Doing regular exercise is not only for those who want to lose weight. Having a regular exercise routine gives the body a myriad of health benefits and that includes ensuring that the liver does a better job in the cleansing process. By engaging in a regular exercise, it actually aids in the detox process.
Engage yourself in a fun exercise routine that you enjoy. Not only is it truly beneficial for liver detoxifying, but it can also boost your mood and can significantly improve your overall health.
Decrease Stress And Have Ample sleep
Stress is the enemy of the body as it can negatively affect how the organs in your body functions. It is very important that you lessen stress and have enough sleep.
This is related to the previous tips mentioned. When you eat healthily and do exercise, you can manage your stress effectively.
Detoxifying the liver indeed is not easy as it appears to be although most might be easily enticed to just try the liver cleansing supplements that are readily available in the market.
But in order to get the best results, it is best to get back to basics and that is to focus on natural ways and on your health.