One of the challenges when starting a keto lifestyle is missing out on the foods you love. That’s why this low carb cheesesteak lettuce wrap is a winner. It’s so easy to put together that you won’t miss the old version.
This recipe is so delish that you won’t be missing the bun. Afte starting my low carb journey I have to the conclusion that breast its great but its not the be all. You can still enjoy the food you love with some twiking.
I hope you can enjoy this mouth-watering Cheesesteak lettuce wrap.
Easy Low Carb Cheesesteak Lettuce Wraps
- 1 T. unsalted butter
- 2 T. extra virgin olive oil divided
- 1 medium yellow onion sliced thin
- 1 large green bell pepper sliced thin
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 lbs. Ribeye steak sliced very thin
- ½ t. garlic powder
- 4-5 slices mild Provolone cheese
- I large head Bibb lettuce separated, rinsed, and patted dry
- Add butter and one tablespoon olive oil to a large nonstick skillet set over medium heat. Add the onion and season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion starts to soften, approximately 3-4 minutes.
- Increase the heat to medium-high and add the sliced peppers. Cook, stirring frequently, until the peppers are crisp-tender and nicely charred, approximately 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat and transfer the onions and peppers to a plate. Set aside.
- Add sliced steak to the skillet and adjust heat back to medium. Season with the garlic powder, plus salt and black pepper, if desired. Cook, stirring frequently, just until the meat is browned on all sides, approximately 2-3 minutes.
- Return the onions and peppers to the skillet and stir to combine. Remove from heat and top the mixture with the Provolone cheese slices. Cover and let stand for 1-2 minutes, or until the cheese is completely melted.
- To serve, remove cover and divide the cheesesteak mixture among the lettuce leaves. Enjoy!