Over the weekend I wanted to eat something sweet and my daughter told me “mommy make cheesecake” and I was like sure let’s try that!
But since I have been eating low carb I had to come up with a better idea so I made these really good and never going back to regular cheesecake bites. The best part about them is that they taste nothing like low-carb/keto they taste just like or better than regular cheesecake.
I hope you enjoy this as much as we did!
How to Make the Lowcarb Cheesecake Bites
Make the Strawberry sauce
This is so simple to do. Making sugar free strawberry sauce has become one of my favorite parts of baking because its so easy even my daughter can do it.
All you need is water, powdered sugar of choice and of course strawberries. Heat for a couple of minutes until the strawberries soften. Mash them, and then let it simmer for a few minutes until the sauce thickens.
Make sure you are stirring in between to prevent the strawberries from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
Making the Gluten-Free Cheesecake Crust
Almond flour: I use and recommend the blanched almond flour for all my low carb baking recipes. It just gives the recipe a more fine texture.
Butter: full-fat butter or you can also use coconut oil.
Let’s make the crust
To be honest I have always love cheesecake but never liked the crust it was just too sweet for me. That was until I discovered this simple yet delicious recipe.
It’s only 2 ingredients and very quick and easy to make.
In a mixing bowl add the almond flour and butter mix them together the texture should feel like moist sand.
Next get your muffin tin and cupcake liners out and divide the crust mixture between them. So far I have tried flattening it with the spoon but it does not work as well as your fingers. So use your fingertips to press down to the bottom of the muffin tin.
The good thing about cheesecake is that if you don’t like the crust you can leave it out. and just make it crustless.
Now that the crust it’s ready to go place in the oven for 5-8 minutes.
Tips For Keto Low-Carb Cheesecake Success
1. For a smooth cheesecake with no cream cheese lumps, make sure your ingredients are at room temperature. This will give you the best consistency.
2. Check your oven temperature since this can make or break(crack) your cheesecake. My oven makes it without cracks when baking at 300F but when I have made this at my mother-inlaws in hers is 350F. So this part is trial and error but don’t worry the worse that can happen is that it cracks a little in my case not a big deal.
Making The Cheesecake Filling
2 options you can use your blender or hand mixer both work just fine. I use a hand mixer.
In a bowl mix the cream cheese until soft and fluffy, then add the eggs and mix again, add the sweetener, vanilla extract, lemon juice, salt and mix.
Assemble and Bake The Keto Cheesecake bites
Add the cheesecake mixture to your already prepared cupcake liners and put in the oven for 20 minutes.
Once they are cooked let them cool off for at least 2 hours better if more. Add the strawberry jam on top and enjoy!
Easy Low-Cab Keto Strawberry Cheesecake Bites Recipe
- Hand mixer or blender
- 6 tbsp butter melted
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 blocks cream cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sweetener Swerve
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp lemon juice fresh
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup strawberry jam sugar free
- 1/2 cup blueberries optonal
- In a medium bowl combine melted butter and almond flour. the texture should be crumbly.
- Line a muffin tin with paper or silicone cupcake liners.
- Press 1-2 tsp of the crust mixture into each liner.
- Let the crust bake for 5-8 mins or till golden brown.
- For the filling, beat the cream cheese with an electric mixer till soft.
- Add an egg and mix.
- Add sweetener and mix.
- Add vanilla extract, lemon juice, salt and mix.
- Spoon the filling on to the baked crust and bake for 20 mins.
- Let it cool down.
- Add a tsp of jam on each mini cheesecake and spread it out.
- Top it up with about 3 blueberries each.
- Let it sit in the fridge for a few hours or overnight.