I love Saturdays Especially because I get to make this simple yet delicious Low carb keto coconut soup. It takes me around 40 minutes to make and it tastes solo good even the picking eaters of the house (my twins 2yo.) eat it.
This is soup is great for when you just don’t know what to cook and are tired of eating the same keto food.
FYI: This soup is not for the keto police and I eat according to what my body wants that being said my keto journey is different than yours so I might choose to eat foods that you might not.
I want to show you a picture of a chayote since this is a vegetable not known by many. It’s a great potato substation when it comes to living a low carb lifestyle
lets begin by heating a soup pot and adding the coconut oil with onion and celery.
let that cook until onions are clear.
once the onion is clear add the garlic. Once the garlic has cooked a little be start adding the rest of the veggies, green beans, chayote, carrot, and red bell pepper, kale. I use frozen kale for convenience just know that if you use fresh kale you have to let it cook well.
Let this cook for 2-3 minutes and add the coconut milk. My favorite coconut milk is Taste of Thai at this point is the one one I’ve found that gives it a better taste. And Thrust me I’ve had use plenty of them.
Once the veggies have cooked add water to cover them completely and enough so you can have the broth.
Add the knorr cubes, Bijol, and mushrooms. Instead of the Knorr cubes you can use chicken stock but for convenience and the fact that they are way cheaper I like to use the Knorr cubes.
Bijol is a food coloring that I found to be natural and it does not have any added salt or sugar or taste. It’s just coloring. here is a picture for you to see.
Once all the veggies are cooked through add the shrimp and cilantro.
Easy Low Carb Keto Coconut Shrimp Soup
- 1 lbs of Shrimp frozen or fresh
- 1 Large Onion
- 3 Stalks Celery chopped in small pieces
- 1 bag of frozen green beans, 12oz
- 2 Chayote washed and Chopped
- 1 small Carrot for color
- 1 can coconut milk Taste of Thai brand is the best
- 2 knorr cubes Or Chicken Broth
- 2 tbs of coconut oil
- 1 tbs of Bijor food coloring
- 1 tbs garlic
- ¼ cup cilantro chopped
- 1 Red bell pepper
- 1 cup of mushrooms sliced
- Spicy red bell pepper flakes to taste
- Bacon to taste.
- 1 cup kale
- Add the coconut oil and saute the onions and celery. Once the onion is see-through or clear add the garlic.
- Once the garlic has cooked a little be start adding the rest of the veggies, green beans, chayote, carrot, and red bell pepper.
- Let this cook for 2-3 minutes and add the coconut milk.
- Once the veggies have cooked add water to cover them completely and enough so you can have the broth.
- Add the knorr cubes, Bijol, and mushrooms
- Once all the veggies are cooked through add the shrimp and cilantro.
- Let them cook and viola! You have an amazing soup.
Serve this Soup with avocado cubes and sprinkle some bacon on top.