This traditional Mexican breakfast recipe is a welcome addition to almost any weekend brunch menu.
Servings: 4 People
- 3 T Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 Corn Tortillas
- 4 Eggs
- Chipotle Powder to taste
- Sea Salt to Taste
Optional to Serve:
- 1 large Avocado
- 1/2 C Fresh Cilantro, Finely Chopped
- 4 oz Montery-Jack Cheese, Shredded
- (Optional Step) Heat olive oil in a large skillet over
medium-high heat. Add corn tortillas, one at a time, to the skillet and fry for
15-20 seconds on each side, just until the tortillas begin to crisp around the
edges. Transfer to a plate and blot off excess oil with paper towels. Repeat
with remaining tortillas and set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and fry the eggs sunny-side
up in the leftover oil, just until the whites are set and the yolks are still
runny. Season with chipotle powder and sea salt, to taste, and remove from
- Top each tortilla with a sunny-side-up egg and serve immediately with choice of diced avocado, fresh cilantro, shredded Monterey-Jack cheese, refried beans, and/or spicy salsa on the side.