Sometimes while doing keto you get bored of the same breakfast and want to try something new and delicious.
This southwestern breakfast skillet is the answer to your prayers since it’s loaded with flavor and its something fast and easy that you can make and save leftovers.
Keto Southwestern Breakfast Skillet
- 2 T. unsalted butter divided
- 1 8- oz. bag radishes rinsed, trimmed, and quartered
- ¼ c. red onion finely diced
- 2 t. Italian seasoning
- 1 t. ground cumin
- ½ t. ground chili powder
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- ¾ c. mini sweet peppers diced (tri-color)
- 4 large eggs
- 4 strips thick-cut bacon cooked crispy
- 2 T. fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 large avocado diced
- 1 large lime cut into 8 wedges
- Melt one tablespoon butter in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Add the radishes, red onion, and Italian seasoning. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the radishes start to develop some color, approximately 4-5 minutes.
- Add the remaining tablespoon of butter and the chopped peppers to the skillet. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the pepper softens, approximately 3-4 minutes.
- Create four “wells” in the skillet by pushing the vegetables to the side with a spatula. Add an egg into each opening and reduce heat to medium low. Cover and cook until the eggs are cooked through, approximately 3-5 minutes depending on desired level of doneness.
- Remove from heat and crumble the crispy bacon on top of the skillet. Top with the fresh cilantro and serve immediately with the diced avocado and fresh lime wedges on the side.
Net Carbs: 5.44g