Keto “Sunday Dinner” Pot Roast
- 1 t. garlic powder
- 1 T. Italian seasoning
- 1 T. cocoa powder
- 1 t. sea salt
- ½ t. black pepper
- 3 lbs. chuck roast
- 3 T. extra virgin olive oil divided
- 8 oz. Portobello mushrooms sliced
- 4 c. beef broth
- 1 T. tomato paste
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 T. fresh parsley chopped
- Add the garlic powder, Italian seasoning, cocoa powder, salt, and black pepper to a small bowl and stir to combine. Rub this mixture all over the surface of the chuck roast, pressing firmly to make sure it adheres. Set aside.
- Heat two tablespoons of olive oil in a large Dutch oven over medium heat. Once hot, add the seasoned chuck roast and brown on all sides, approximately 3-4 minutes per side.
- Once browned, remove the roast from the Dutch oven and transfer to a plate. Add the remaining tablespoon of oil and Portobello mushrooms to the pot and sauté, stirring occasionally, until the mushrooms develop some color and start to release their liquid, approximately 4-5 minutes.
- Deglaze the pot by adding the beef broth and scraping up any browned bits on the bottom to incorporate them into the liquid. Stir in the tomato paste and add bay leaves. Return the chuck roast to the Dutch oven and cover.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 3 to 3½ hours, or until the meat is fall apart tender. Remove from heat and discard bay leaves. Transfer the roast and mushrooms to a serving platter and cover to keep warm. Set aside.
- Bring the liquid in the pot to a boil over medium-high heat, then reduce the temperature down to medium for several minutes or until the sauce thickens a bit.
- To serve, spoon some of the pan sauce over the beef, along with some of the mushrooms. Garnish with fresh parsley, if desired, and pair with creamy mashed cauliflower, roasted radishes, or your choice of sides. Enjoy!
Net Carbs: 3.59g
Ready to start taking control of your life and self-esteem? Then join me on the 28 Days Keto Challenge and learn how to eat to make you feel and look better than you ever have!
This 28 Days Keto Diet Plan will walk you through all the steps you need to help you succeed.
Women who have followed the 28 Day Challenge reported losing up to 21 pounds and 2-4 inches from their waist in just a matter of 4 weeks—The Best part is that all the methods being used in the 28 Day Challenge are all backed by science.