One of the things I love about the keto diet is that I can eat or recreate anything I want. The skillet cheeseburger soup is to die for and guess what? is child approved!
- 4 slices thick-cut bacon chopped
- 1 lbs. 80% lean ground beef
- ½ t. onion powder
- ½ t. garlic powder
- 2 t. Italian seasoning
- ½ t. smoked paprika
- Sea salt & black pepper to taste
- ½ large head cauliflower chopped small
- 3 c. beef broth preferably organic, divided
- 1/3 c. heavy cream tempered
- 3 c. sharp cheddar cheese finely shredded
- 2 T. fresh parsley chopped
- Side Salad:
- 6 c. baby arugula
- 12 grape or cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 1 oz. Pecorino-Romano cheese shaved
- 1 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 T. fresh lime juice
- Sea salt and black pepper taste
- Heat a large high-sided skillet over medium heat. Add bacon and cook until crispy,
- approximately 6-7 minutes. Transfer cooked bacon to a plate lined with paper towels
- and blot off excess grease. Drain and discard bacon grease from skillet before
- returning to the cooktop.
- Add ground beef to the same skillet and sprinkle the onion powder, garlic powder,
- Italian seasoning, and smoked paprika on top. Season with salt and black pepper, to
- taste, and stir to combine. Cook, stirring occasionally until the meat is browned,
- approximately 5 minutes.
- Add the chopped cauliflower and beef broth to the skillet and stir to combine. Cover
- and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer until heated through and the cauliflower is
- fork-tender, but not mushy, approximately 7-8 minutes.
- While the soup is simmering, prepare the side salad by adding the baby arugula,
- grape tomatoes, and the Pecorino-Romano cheese to a large bowl. Add the olive oil
- and fresh lime juice. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and toss to
- combine. Set aside.
- When the cauliflower is fork-tender, remove the skillet from heat. To prevent
- curdling, temper the heavy cream by adding one or two tablespoons of the hot liquid
- from the skillet to it. Stir the tempered cream and sharp cheddar cheese into the
- skillet until the cheese is thoroughly melted. Taste and adjust seasonings, as desired.
- To serve, ladle the soup into individual serving bowls. Crumble the cooked bacon
- and sprinkle on top of each bowl along with the fresh chopped parsley. Serve
- immediately with some of the arugula salad on the side. Enjoy!
Net Carbs: 5.7g
Nutritional information provided for entertainment purposes only and should not be construed as
medical guidance or advice. All information is based solely on results provided by
HappyForks.com and is not guaranteed to be accurate.
Ready to start taking control of your life and self-esteem? Then join me on the 28 Days Keto Challenge and learn how to eat to make you feel and look better than you ever have!
This 28 Days Keto Diet Plan will walk you through all the steps you need to help you succeed.
Women who have followed the 28 Day Challenge reported losing up to 21 pounds and 2-4 inches from their waist in just a matter of 4 weeks—The Best part is that all the methods being used in the 28 Day Challenge are all backed by science.